Asparagus with Parmesan
SearBQ Griddle Pressed Asparagus with Parmesan
Asparagus is the emerald beauty of SearBQ cuisine. Nutty, crisp and packed with fiber, folate and antioxidants, it's the gourmet healthy highlight of any meal.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup shedded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
1. Place SearBQ griddle and press side-by-side on the barbeque grill, close barbecue cover, and preheat to 400 degrees F.
2. Place asparagus in large bowl, add olive oil and spices and gently toss.
3. Distribute asparagus evenly on the SearBQ griddle. Using an oven mitt, cover asparagus with the SearBQ press. Close cover of barbeque and turn off burner(s) directly beneath SearBQ. Leave other burner(s) on.
4. Use a timer to cook for 5 minutes or desired level of doneness. Move asparagus to a plate, cover for 2-3 minutes with foil and serve.