Italian Griddle Vegetables
Italian SearBQ Griddle Pressed Vegetables
Veggies cook super-fast on the SearBQ, locking in nutrients and amping up flavor to its peak. While you probably bought a SearBQ for meats, vegetables will quickly become a high-demand favorite.
- 1 zucchini, medium, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, medium, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, small, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch long thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 - inch long thin strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1. Place SearBQ griddle and press side-by-side on the barbeque grill, close barbecue cover, and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Place chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning over vegetables and toss again until well mixed.
3. Place chopped vegetables evenly on the SearBQ griddle. Using an oven mitt, cover veggies with the SearBQ press. Close cover of barbeque and turn off burner(s) directly beneath SearBQ. Leave other burner(s) on.
4. Use a timer to cook for 5 minutes or desired level of doneness. Move roasted vegetables to a plate, cover for 2-3 minutes with foil and serve.