Pressed Salmon in Foil
SearBQ Griddle Pressed Salmon in Foil
Fresh fish is gorgeous when flash-cooked on SearBQ, heated from both sides to capture nutrients and flavour. You’ll never want to serve salmon any other way!
- 2 pound side of salmon - boneless
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, or fresh herbs of your choice
- 2 small lemons - thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4-teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic - peeled and roughly chopped
1. Remove salmon from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for ten minutes and prepare the other ingredients.
2. Place SearBQ griddle and press side-by-side on the barbeque grill, close barbecue cover, and preheat to 375 degrees F.
3. Lightly coat large piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place a row of rosemary and lemon slices along the bottom middle of foil, and place salmon filet on top.
4. Drizzle olive oil, spices, rosemary and lemon slices on top of salmon.
5. Fold over sides of foil, completely wrapping salmon filet to ensure a leak-proof seal.
6. Place salmon on SearBQ griddle. Using an oven mitt, cover salmon with the SearBQ press. Close cover of barbeque and turn off burner(s) directly beneath SearBQ. Leave other burner(s) on.
7. Use a timer to cook for 10 minutes (cooking time will vary depending on thickness of filet). Check internal temperature with a thermometer.
8. Remove salmon from SearBQ. Move to a plate on open foil and serve.