Pressed Hamburger Patties with Homemade Seasoning
SearBQ Griddle Pressed Hamburger Patties with Homemade Seasoning
The most delicious way to prepare America’s favorite barbecued treat is on your SearBQ griddle press. Immediately seared on the outside, juices are captured between crispy goodness instead of being lost to the flames.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, cold
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
1. Place SearBQ griddle and press side-by-side on the barbeque grill, close barbecue cover, and preheat to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine all dry ingredients and use 2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture per pound of ground beef.
3. Shape patties to desired size and equal thickness.
4. Place patties on SearBQ griddle. Using an oven mitt, cover patties with the SearBQ press. Close cover of barbeque and turn off burner(s) directly beneath SearBQ. Leave other burner(s) on.
5. Use a timer to cook for 5 minutes. Check with a thermometer for an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
6. Top patties with your favorite cheese if desired.
7. Serve immediately in warmed brioche buns with ketchup, mustard, mayo, chopped onions, pickles, fresh tomato slices, lettuce—whatever burger accompaniments your family delights in!